2017 was, by most standards, a really good year for me. I set out this year with some pretty big goals in mind and I managed to accomplish the more important of those. I made not just 2 but 3 national level shows and sold one piece that made a show out of state. That is a first for me. Sales-wise, 2017 was not my best year ever but sales are rebounding after the death of my best representative and cheerleader. I had an absolutely awesome trip to Denmark. Every painting of Denmark I have attempted has turned out to be satisfying at least. Some have been pretty awesome in my mind. Over the course of the last 3 years, I have had a lot of baggage to carry around and many unfinished tasks of the heart and soul that just have never seemed to want to come to a conclusion. 2017 saw some of those things come to a conclusion and some others that will finally close early in 2018. I had a period from around August until November where I did very little work as I faced those demons that have been haunting me. I was even forced to take on some other responsibilities in my personal life in that time frame that will not be able to be finished until around midway through 2018. I am hoping these will not have the darkened cloud effect that has been hanging over me the past 3 years.
1. Get into another gallery
- Frame of Mind, Camden, AR
- My third highest post total ever so that's not too bad.
- Not all of these have been published yet but will be in time. I think this is my highest yearly painting total ever so while I did not make my goal, I can't complain about this.
- Art at the Center in Overland Park, KS
- South Arkansas Art Center Juried show in El Dorado, AR
- Small Works, Mena, AR
- I just kind of ran out of options to enter. At the end of the day this one was not quite so important to me.
So, there it is. This will be my last post for 2017. We will be going to Florida and Texas again but I will not be painting in Florida this year. I have never really managed to produce anything there I liked anyway. I'm not sure why that is.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays or whatever floats your boat and a Happy New Year!