Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mid Year Review

Ok, so yeah, it's past mid-year but not by a whole lot.  I have never done a mid-year review before so maybe this would be a good practice for me.

Just in the last month or so, I have been witness to some very liberating events.  Some anchors that had been dragging me down have been cut free.  Through the fog, I can see some paths coming into focus with some real important choices to make.  But for now, I can say that I feel more energized about my art and it's future than I have in a long time.  I'm sure this current wave of feelings helps to inspire me to do this review.

1.  Get into another gallery
  • COMPLETE!
  • Frame of Mind, Camden, AR
2.  Make 60 blog posts
  • Currently at 27
  • Just a bit off pace but not too far, this can be made up
3.  Complete 50 paintings

  • Currently at 15 of 50 (published)
  • Actual at about 20 of 50 (several yet to be photoed and uploaded)
  • This one is problematic, may not be able to achieve this at this point

4.  Hang in 2 national shows

  • COMPLETE!
  • Art at the Center in Overland Park, KS
  • South Arkansas Art Center Juried show in El Dorado, AR

5.  Hang in 4 local or regional shows

  • 0 of 4
  • At this point, I'm not sure there are 4 local or regional shows available

I am definitely off pace in some areas but I've accomplished the biggest goals already.  The 50 paintings goal would be a really good one to make but at the end of the day, 30 high quality  paintings would be better than 50 with several of lesser quality.  It hasn't helped that I spent almost 3 months doing nothing in the studio.  That was a rough time but I hope I'm over it.  The local or regional shows are good but nationals are better and I think I have solid chances of getting into at least one more.  There is also a Regional I intend to submit for that I have solid hopes of making.  I will take another national or two and a regional over 4 local shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment