Just in the last month or so, I have been witness to some very liberating events. Some anchors that had been dragging me down have been cut free. Through the fog, I can see some paths coming into focus with some real important choices to make. But for now, I can say that I feel more energized about my art and it's future than I have in a long time. I'm sure this current wave of feelings helps to inspire me to do this review.
1. Get into another gallery
- Frame of Mind, Camden, AR
- Currently at 27
- Just a bit off pace but not too far, this can be made up
- Currently at 15 of 50 (published)
- Actual at about 20 of 50 (several yet to be photoed and uploaded)
- This one is problematic, may not be able to achieve this at this point
4. Hang in 2 national shows
- Art at the Center in Overland Park, KS
- South Arkansas Art Center Juried show in El Dorado, AR
5. Hang in 4 local or regional shows
- 0 of 4
- At this point, I'm not sure there are 4 local or regional shows available
I am definitely off pace in some areas but I've accomplished the biggest goals already. The 50 paintings goal would be a really good one to make but at the end of the day, 30 high quality paintings would be better than 50 with several of lesser quality. It hasn't helped that I spent almost 3 months doing nothing in the studio. That was a rough time but I hope I'm over it. The local or regional shows are good but nationals are better and I think I have solid chances of getting into at least one more. There is also a Regional I intend to submit for that I have solid hopes of making. I will take another national or two and a regional over 4 local shows.