Saturday, September 16, 2017

Spire of the South

Spire of the South
6X8, Oil on Panel
Available

So you're painting along and you've spent about 2 hours on something new and you're just about to close up the session.  You've got all the bones of the design in place.  All you have left in the next and maybe last session is the muscles, the light, and some jazz.  But then you see it... holy shit, how did I make THAT BIG of a screw up!

Then you sit, and sit, and sit wondering, pondering the choices, the solutions, all the options.  All the while, it whispers in the back of your mind, "Do I even bother to fix it??"

Well, did I?

Calhoun County Courthouse, Hampton, Arkansas.

#28 of 50

2 comments:

  1. Well...the tower maybe could be straightened up a bit but I didn't notice that until you dropped the big question. I don't see anything I would call a BIG screw up. I like it as is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah I guess it is a bit out of plumb now that you mention it! But no, that's not it. The error here is something that maybe only an architect who was very familiar with the building or standing on site with the painting to compare to the real thing might notice. The point being, in most cases, a highly detailed level of precision is pointless. :)

      Delete