Thursday, January 9, 2014

Plein Air with Ralph Parker

Way back in 2012, I went to the East Coast to visit family and it just so happened that fellow painter Ralph Parker was going to be close by. Ralph is traveling the country in an RV and painting all along the way. I made plans to meet up with him at Gettysburg National Military Park. I had been playing with gouache as a medium for plein air painting and figured what better time to really work with it than alongside one of the best gouache painters I've seen. We set up at the Leister Farm which General Meade made his headquarters during the Battle of Gettysburg. I finished 3 paintings that day in what was at the time my most successful day of plein air ever.

Hummelbaugh Farm Barn
8X10, Gouache on Matboard

Leister Barn
8X10, Gouache on Matboard

US Regular Army Memorial
5X7, Gouache on Matboard

No comments:

Post a Comment