Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone out there!  I have a tradition, instead of making a "resolution," I make a set of goals.  2013 was a great year for me, definitely my best year as an artist so far.  Hopefully 2014 will continue that trend.  Here is a rundown of my 2013 goals and how I fared in meeting them:

1.  Complete 20 counties!  

      I documented completion of 19 counties in 2013.  I have the 20th well started but I intentionally set it aside to complete in 2014.  The reason?  I wanted to avoid having an unlucky 13 counties to complete in 2014, lol!

2.  Get in a gallery outside of Arkansas.
       
      I didn't work very hard on this one and I think it maybe should be a couple of more years off. 

3.  Get into 2 national shows. 

       Technically speaking, I accomplished this one.  The Dairy Center for the Arts Bike Show was the first national show I got into this year and the second was the Diamond National in Hot Springs.  However, I was really intending this to be in-state national shows.

4.  Visit Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art!

       Check!

5.  Participate in a plein air competition.  

       Schedule conflicts prevented me from attending the competition I planned on.


Well, when I look at this, it doesn't look like a great year but sometimes these goals aren't really indicative of what is really important.

Here are my goals for 2014:

1.  Add another gallery either in-state or out.
2.  Get into another 2 national shows.
3.  Attend a plein air competition.
4.  Complete this Painting Arkansas project!

No comments:

Post a Comment