Happy New Year everyone out there! I have a tradition, instead of making a "resolution," I make a set of goals. 2013 was a great year for me, definitely my best year as an artist so far. Hopefully 2014 will continue that trend. Here is a rundown of my 2013 goals and how I fared in meeting them:
1. Complete 20 counties!
I documented completion of 19 counties in 2013. I have the 20th well started but I intentionally set it aside to complete in 2014. The reason? I wanted to avoid having an unlucky 13 counties to complete in 2014, lol!
2. Get in a gallery outside of Arkansas.
I didn't work very hard on this one and I think it maybe should be a couple of more years off.
3. Get into 2 national shows.
Technically speaking, I accomplished this one. The Dairy Center for the Arts Bike Show was the first national show I got into this year and the second was the Diamond National in Hot Springs. However, I was really intending this to be in-state national shows.
4. Visit Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art!
5. Participate in a plein air competition.
Schedule conflicts prevented me from attending the competition I planned on.
Well, when I look at this, it doesn't look like a great year but sometimes these goals aren't really indicative of what is really important.
Here are my goals for 2014:
1. Add another gallery either in-state or out.
2. Get into another 2 national shows.
3. Attend a plein air competition.
4. Complete this Painting Arkansas project!