Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lake Dardanelle Train Bridge, Pope County

Lake Dardanelle Train Bridge
11X14, Oil on Birch Panel

This is another one from the workshop I took with Bill Garrison a few weeks ago.  I did most of this one en plein air but then did a few touch ups in the studio later, mostly incorporating Bill's comments.  One thing he suggested that I'm not sure I really did quite like get right was the vague reflection of the bridge in the water.  I did smudge a little of that color into the water but I don't know if it reads quite as a broken reflection.  I saw this bridge on day one and knew I would have to try to paint it.  It was very windy the day I did this one. This view was somewhat sheltered from the wind by trees and buildings on the point but the water here was still pretty active.

No comments:

Post a Comment