Friday, November 8, 2013

Rice Field at Dawn, Desha County

Rice Field at Dawn
6X8, Oil on Panel
SOLD
 
 
A couple of weeks ago, I took a two day paint/camp trip to the southeast corner of the state.  It was an effort to close out a large chunk of my project in a short period of time.  My overall goal was to get very solid starts on paintings in 6 out of the 8 counties in that region for which I had no photo reference material and to get photo reference material for the remaining two.  I fell just short of that goal in that I got solid starts/completions for only 5 of the 6 but I did get photo reference for everything.  Now, my goal is to fully close out that southeast corner of the state by year's end.  It's going to be hard but I do have a solid start and it is feasible.
 
This was the second painting from my second day.  The first day, I made the mistake of doing two street scenes (which I said I wasn't going to do but I have a hard time not painting those!) and also doing them at 8X10.  The first painting of that first day I started at 9:30 and finally stopped working on it over 2 hours later.  Not the way to make great time but it turned out to be a good painting.
 
I'm starting my documentation of this trip with this painting because it was the most complete of all of them.  All I did in the studio was add a few indications of tree trunks in the far trees and sign it.
 
I have a lot more things from Desha County I want to paint, including enlarging this one to a 30X40!
 
53/75

No comments:

Post a Comment