Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Defoliated Cotton Near Montrose, Ashley County

Defoliated Cotton near Montrose, AR
6X8, Oil on Panel
SOLD

This was my third plein air from Day 2 of my recent SE AR trip.  Inspired by some of the paintings and photography that I had been seeing on Facebook from fellow Arkansan Norwood Creech, I was hoping to find some cotton fields to paint.  Finally, just as I was about to leave the Delta behind and go back into the Timberlands of south central Arkansas, I ran into some cotton fields.  Some of the first ones still had leaves on the plants and some other fields were either already harvested or in bad shape without the big fluffy bolls I was looking for.  But then, there was the field I had been searching for!

This is my 55th county meaning I have only 7 more to go to complete my goal of 20 for the year.

55/75

No comments:

Post a Comment