Sunday, October 20, 2013

82 Degrees, Bank of Cave City, Sharp County

82 Degrees, Bank of Cave City
8X10, Oil on Panel
SOLD
 
 
 
A few months ago, I made a 3 county photographing trip, including Sharp County.  The town of Cave City sits right on the border with Independence County.  I was stopped in my tracks by the sight of this brand new bank being built here.  One of the things that caught my eye was how this very modern looking building with the large two story all glass atrium had a native stone façade on the front portion that almost perfectly matched the century old native stone storefronts down the street.  I've chosen to focus more on the sign here as I didn't see an obvious way to show how this building melded into the existing street front.   
 
51/75


No comments:

Post a Comment