Saturday, December 21, 2013

Old Beer Joint, Felsenthal NWR, Union County

Old Beer Joint, Felsenthal
11X14, Oil on Panel
SOLD

Felsenthal National Wildlife Refuge is an absolutely HUGE swampy area in the extreme southern portion of Arkansas.  One of these days I would like to take a kayak and go explore this place in greater detail, painting for several days deep in the swamp.  I hope I wouldn't get lost but navigating this type of terrain is definitely out of my ken so maybe such a trip would be unwise.

The county seat of Union County is El Dorado.  I had heard lots of great things about the town but it had been many years since I had been there.  I had no idea just how cool of a town it was!  I will be going back and painting El Dorado one of these days.

60/75

No comments:

Post a Comment