Sunday, September 26, 2010

Village at Hendrix Preview Show


Here are my three paintings at the Village at Hendrix Designer House Preview show.  No they aren't landscapes or Arkansas related but I felt like posting this anyway since it is pertinant to art in this region.

This is a live/work home.  It would be distinguished from a residence over a business that you might see in older cities by the fact that it is a single family home and not a row.  This development is based upon the New Urban aesthetic of Seaside, Florida.  I have been told but have not confirmed that some of the same architects who designed Seaside were involved in The Village as well.  At this point in time, the lower commercial space is housing an impromptu gallery that is stocked by Pictures Et Cetera in Conway.  I would link to their website but I don't think they have one.  One of their artists is the incredibly talented Bill Garrison.  He's one of my absolute favorite Arkansas artists and I hope he does another workshop around here pretty soon.

I had the chance to explain these pieces, which have messages encoded on them in ASCII binary, to the mayor of Conway among many others.  I feel honored that of all of the rooms in the home decorated by various designers around the region, only one designer chose to hang obviously original art and that was mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment